Styling your hair can change your look. Every women want attractive personality with beautiful hair.
There is a village named Huangluo, famous for “world’s longest hair village” and put their name in Guinness world records.
Rice is the secrets!
It is loaded with essentials beauty vitamins and minerals that rejuvenate hair follicles to make them long, beautiful, silky and smooth.
To use rice water for hair is one of the ancient beauty secrets of many Asian countries. Rice water is highly useful for the skin as well.
Know these simple methods to use rice water for hair and skin to get maximum results.
Is rice water good for hair?
The answer is yes, before using it, even I was not sure that how it will affect my hair. But yes, now I can easily recommend rice water for hair. It’s perfect dose for beautiful hair and youthful skin.
Rice is a rich source of carbohydrates, antioxidants, vitamin E, and minerals. Inositol, in rice, helps to repair the damaged hair, split ends and dryness due to dandruff and others.
Inositol stays in hair even after rinsing rice water from hair and provide a great protection layer on hair. Apart from carbohydrates, amino acids in rice water strengthen roots and increase the volume of hair.
I must say this is one solution for all hair problems.
Regular using of rice water for hair can give you soft smooth and silky hair. The good thing is that it’s natural, safe and easy to use.
History of using rice water for hair
There is a village in China called Huangluo, popularly known for long hair of women. All the women in the village do farming of rice and use remaining rice water for rinsing their hair. Even old ladies are having very long black, silky and smooth hair.
The village has name in Guinness book of world records as the “world’s longest hair village.” It got famous all over the world for long hair.
Now almost everywhere people are using rice water for hair and skin. Even cosmetics industries have started including rice water for hair care and skin care products.
After using this on my hair, I must say that yes it’s one of the best ingredients for hair. You must try rice water for hair at least once to see the results.
Which rice water is good for hair? Plain vs. Fermented?
Plain rice waters pH is higher than your hair pH, but the fermentation brings down the pH level of rice water to that of your hair and helps to protect your hair.
After fermentation, vitamins and nutrients levels get increased in rice water that nourishes hair deeply. A substance called “Pitera” formed in rice water that is rich in amino acids, minerals, and vitamins. It promotes cell regeneration, therefore, work best on your skin and hair.
The final conclusion is that fermented rice water is good for hair than plain rice water. It also makes your skin look 10 years younger by reducing wrinkles, fine lines, and dark patches.
So, try to prefer fermented rice water for hair and skin care.
How to Prepare Rice Water for hair:
Here we are presenting two basics and simple methods to prepare rice water for hair at home and how to use it for hair.
1). Boiled rice water
What is boiled rice water?
You will get this rice water after boiling the rice. The excess water that left in rice after boiling is boiled rice water that you can use to get long strong and healthy hair. This rice water will be very thick and concentrated liquid that needs to be diluted before using for face and hair.
How to make boiled rice water for hair?
It’s very simple and easy to prepare within 10-20 minutes. This rice water you can use immediately after cooling.
- First of all, wash the rice to remove the impurities and pesticides.
- Take a saucepan or tumbler with one small cup of rice.
- Add 3 cups of water for boiling and keep it for boiling for some time.
- If you have long hair then can take excess water to make extra rice water.
- Wait till the rice is cooked and strain the excess rice water in another container.
- You will get a highly concentrated cloudy liquid that needs to dilute before use.
- Keep it to cool down and add more water if it’s very thick.
How to use boiled rice water for hair?
It works as an excellent conditioner, and make them more healthy, soft and shiny.
- After cooling down the boiled rice water, you can add few drops of rosemary, lavender oil in it.
- Do shampoo, and after that pour this rice water on all over the hair and massage it into your scalp for few minutes.
- After the massage, cover your hair with shower cap and leave it for 10-15 minutes.
- After that, rinse your hair with normal water.
- Try this at least once a week to see improvement in hair health.
2). Fermented Rice Water
What is fermented rice water?
Fermented rice water is rice water that is left to ferment for some days before use until it turns to slightly sour.
The traces of “Pitera” formed during fermentation process that are essentials for hair growth and health.
Fermentation process turns rice water into a powerful liquid that you need to dilute before use.
How to make fermented rice water?
- Take half cup of rice and wash it properly to remove pesticides, dirt, and other impurities.
- Now add 2 cups of water and keep it aside for 30-40 minutes.
- Extract out water by straining the rice and transfer this water to the jar at room temperature.
- Keep this jar aside for a day or 2 days.
- Open it when you noticed sour smell emanating from the jar.
- Keep this jar in the fridge and add 1-2 cups of water before use as it is highly potent. The direct application of fermented rice water on hair is not recommended.
How to use fermented rice water for hair?
- Take one cup of fermented rice water from the stored
- After shampooing, pour this water slowly on your scalp and hair.
- Massage it gently on your scalp for 5 minutes.
- You can also dip the tips of your hair in rice water.
- Wrap your hair in a shower cap and leave it for 20 minutes.
- Rinse your hair with normal water.
Benefits of rice water for hair:
1). Natural conditioner
Rice water works as an excellent cost effective hair conditioner. To improve its conditioning properties, you can also add rosemary, lavender oil.
Give a gentle massage to your scalp and hair and cover them after shampooing. After 10 minutes rinse it off with normal water.
Regularly trying of rice water on hair can repair your damaged hair, and make them silky and shiny.
2). Promote hair growth
If you are worried about hair fall, then I am sure nothing can be as effective as rice water. The amino acids present in rice water helps to grow your hair fast and prevent hair fall too.
Rich water is a rich source of vitamins that nourish your hair scalp and follicles and solve almost every hair problems.
3). Cure Dandruff
There is numerous remedy for dandruff but it’s very effective as it prevents dandruff to come again and again.
A gentle massage on the scalp can help you to get rid of dandruff and other scalp infection. But for that, you must rinse your hair regularly.
4). Remove lice
Lice! Small creatures, but a big headache. They not only suck your blood but steal peace too. Regular itching in the scalp can raise other scalp infections.
Use rice water, as starch help to kill them instantly before it gets worse.
5). Prevent premature graying of hair
Regular use of rice water can help to prevent premature graying of hair and white hair that make you look older than your age.
6). Protect hair from damage
Rice water contain inositol that repairs the damaged hair and provides protection to them. It helps to decrease the surface friction and improve hair elasticity.
Why is rice water so effective to heal damaged hair? The simple answer is inositol in rice water. It remains in your hair even after rinsing off rice water and provide a protective layer to your hair.
Tips to Remember:
- Applying rice water once a week is enough to get essentials nutrients.
- If you have oily hair, then you can add some water to adjust the potency.
- Be patient, if it doesn’t show results after the first try, it may take some time to get the perfect potency for your hair type.
- Always dilute the fermented rice water, as it’s highly rich in nutrients.
- Some people have a habit to use this treatment before shampooing, so no need to switch it.