Before starting let me ask 3 simple questions to make you understand better
- Do you feel tired most of the time and not able to sleep?
- Are you facing instant hair fall?
- Do you have brittle nails?
If your answer is Yes! Then there are chances of disruption of the function of the adrenal gland.
Do you know what adrenal glands are?
Adrenal glands are situated on top part of the kidney and responsible for the release of varieties of hormones. These hormones regulate various important function in the body like metabolism, immune system, blood pressure and many. But when overstimulation in adrenal glands occur, then it releases stress hormones (cortisol) in the bloodstream and causes various fatigue or you can say adrenal fatigue in the body.
What is Adrenal Fatigue?
Adrenal fatigue is the collection of nonspecific symptoms like hair fall, brittle nails, memory loss, disturb sleep, body ache etc. It occurs when your adrenal glands, hypothalamus, and pituitary gland function below their optimal levels that result due to physical and emotional stress.
Energy level in Adrenal Fatigue
According to Dr. Wilson who described the energy graph of people suffering from adrenal stress is:
Feeling tiredness upon waking up in the morning and unable to function properly without consuming caffeine/tea/coffee. Then, finally feel a boost of energy after consuming a significant amount of caffeine in the morning. Again your energy level crash around 2 pm and rise around 5 pm after having caffeine, fall again around 9 pm and finally peak at 11 pm.
Symptoms of Adrenal Fatigue
- Anxiety & Depression
- Hair loss
- Thyroid problems
- Brittle nails
- Sleepless nights
- Blurry vision
- Sudden weight loss or gain
- Body aches
- Low blood pressure
- Memory loss
- Extreme fatigue
- Moodiness and irritability
But the most important thing is, you can heal or control hormonal imbalance by supplying essentials nutrients to the body. Find recipes full of nuts, fibers, and other ingredients that help to control your adrenal fatigue.
Adrenal Fatigue Recipes
Recipes 1: Walnuts and dried parsley
- 2/3 cup Brazilian walnuts
- 2-4 tbsp. parsley leaves (dried)
- 3-4 tbsp. pure natural honey
- 1 tbsp. ginger (ground)
- ½ cup raisins
How to prepare:
First, you need to grind the Brazilian walnuts and dried parsley leaves together. Then, add raisins, ground ginger, and pure natural raw honey. Mix all the ingredients to make a homogenous mixture.
Recipe 2: Hormones balancing granola
- ⅔ cup Brazil nuts
- ⅔ cup pecans
- ⅓ cup pumpkin seeds
- ⅓ cup ground flaxseeds
- ¼ cup coconut flakes, unsweetened
- ⅓ cup raisins
- 5 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
How to prepare:
- Preheat oven to 180°F.
- Chop Brazil nuts and pecans in a food processor.
- Mix all other seeds, nuts and coconut flakes in mixtures.
- Now, combine melted coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and cinnamon.
- Pour this oil mixture into dry ingredients and mix them properly until everything gets coated well.
- Keep it in the oven for 30 minutes and keep it to cool for few minutes.
How it works:
To cools down your fatigue, magnesium (nuts) plays an important role to control your stress hormones. Coconut oil nourishes your brain with healthy fats, therefore, used in granola that provides abundance way to control your adrenal stress and fatigue by balancing hormonal function. (source)
When to consume:
Consume 2 tbsp. of the mixture in the morning on empty stomach. According to experts, you should eat it 2-3 times a week to restore your body back to normal. It helps to reduce adrenal fatigue and improve the health of your hair, nails, and quality of sleep.
Other natural ways to treat adrenal fatigue
There are 3 basic steps to reduce adrenal fatigue.
1). Healthy diet
Food to eat:
- Avocado and other healthy fats
- Nuts, such as walnuts and almonds
- Fermented foods rich in probiotics
- Wild Salmon
- Cruciferous vegetables (cauliflower, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, etc.)
Food to avoid:
- Processed meat
- Sugars and sugary items
- Say NO to alcohol
- Hydrogenated oils
2). Adrenal supporting herb & supplements
- Fish oil
- Vitamin C, B & D supplements
- Lavender oil
- Rosemary oil
- Ashwagandha herb
- Holy basil herb
- Rhodiola Rosea herb
- Schisandra herb
3). Easy way to deal with adrenal fatigue
- Sleep 8–10 hours and take rest when you feel tired and stressed.
- Do some fun to laugh every day.
- Drinks lots of water.
- Avoid negative people and self-talk.
- Do exercise, and yoga regularly to improve lifestyle and reduce stress.
- Do something relaxing that keeps your calm.
- Go outside in nature.
- Do something you enjoy every day.
- Minimize work and relational stress, if possible.
- Seek for counsel with your doctors for any traumatic experience.
We really hope you find this article helpful. Don’t forget to share it with your loved ones who really need health advice. Connect with us via Facebook and Pinterest to get more healthy updates.