Suffering from common cold? Looking for quickest home remedies for cold? You are at right place, through this article I will explain some useful cold remedies which will help you to get rid of cold quickly.
I know exactly how you are feeling right now if you are suffering from common cold. I know that feeling too, I had already been through this many time, especially at bedtime, when you turn right then your right side nose get blocked and the same thing happens with your left nose when you switch your side and in middle? it’s better to get breathe through mouth 😉
Cold and fever are the very common health issue that arises mostly in winter and rainy season. When cold attacks, we feel like we are not having the energy to do any task.
Irritating stuffy nose, sore throat, Fatigue, body pain, headache, tough to breathe and fever are common symptoms of a cold.
Sometimes taking bed rest and depends on doctors prescribed medicine are not enough to get rid of cold. It happens when we take tablets, cold starts again with higher flow.
That’s why most of the time I don’t take medicine while suffering from cold and prefer to go for some effective homemade remedies for cold like ginger tea, tulsi tea, hot water, inhale steam and many more quickest way to get rid of common cold.
Here, in this article, I am going to explain 5 most effective and fastest ways which I prefer to get rid of cold and cough. I am sure after using these cold remedies your healthy days will come back again.
5 Best Way to Get Rid Of Cold:
1. Drink Herbal Tea To Get Rid Of Cold:
Herbal Tea is the best drink which you can consume 5, 6 times in a day to get rid of cold. There are many herbs that taste yummy and boost your immune system and fight against cold infection. These herbals hot tea will relax your throat and nose so that you can breathe easily.
# Ginger Tea for common cold:
Ginger tea is most common tea in Asian countries, which we consume in cold season to protect us from the cold disease. Frankly speaking, when I was suffering from cold, I was consuming this ginger and tulsi tea 4 to 5 times in a day to make my throat clean so that I can breathe easily. I will explain to you how to prepare ginger tea to get rid of cold fast.
How to Prepare Ginger Tea:
- Firstly, clean ginger with water and cut them into pieces.
- After cutting, crush them to take out the juice.
- Now take one cup of water and boil it.
- After boiling water, add this crushed ginger in that water and boil this ginger water for 2 minutes until it turns light green.
- Your tea is ready, for the better taste you can add honey and milk.
# Tulsi Tea for Common Cold:
Tulsi is also known as holy basil. One of the wonderful warming tea that affects positively on the body during cold and fever. Benefits of tulsi are vast in Ayurveda which you can’t ignore. I love this taste of tulsi tea with ginger that makes me feel warm in cold season. One of the best herbal tea to get rid of cold fast without any tablets. I will explain how you can prepare this tulsi tea to get rid of common cold.
How to prepare Tulsi Tea:
- Take 5, 6 tulsi leaves and clean them with water.
- Now boil one cup of water for 5 minutes
- Crush tulsi leaves and add them in boiling water for 2 minutes till the color of the water will become green.
- Your tea is ready, for the better taste you can add honey and milk.
# Clove Tea for Common Cold:
Clove tea is very good flavored and nutritious hot beverage for cold. Clove, a spice offer a wide variety of health benefits. Clove tea helps to open up sinuses so that you can breathe easily in cold and settle it down.
How to Prepare Clove Tea:
- Take one tablespoon of cloves and crush them. Crushing should be light, not powdered.
- After crushing them, boil one cup of water.
- Add crushed clove into boiling water and keep it for 2 minutes.
- Now pour the tea through a mesh strainer to filter out the cloves.
- Dispose of the solids in the strainer, and the clove tea is ready to be served.
- For better taste, you can add honey also.
# Lemon Tea for Common Cold:
Lemon is a good source of vitamin C, which helps to get rid of cold very fast. One of the best and effective homemade remedy for cold and throat cleaning. Lemon juice help to decrease toxicity and boost the immune system to fight the bacteria and viruses. This will helps to reduce the duration of the cold so you feel better quickly.
Here I will explain how to prepare lemon tea to get rid of a cold quickly.
How to Prepare Lemon Tea:
- Take a cup of water and boil it.
- Now squeeze one lemon in boiling water.
- Mix honey to add some flavor to it.
- Your tea is ready to drink.
You can also consume lemon juice for vitamin C which serves best in cold.
2. Steam Inhalation To Get Rid Of Cold:
Steam inhalation is one of the effective ways to get rid of cold very fast. Even I used this method several times during cold when I was not able to breathe properly. Steam inhalation helps to reduce cold inflammation to keep the nasal passages clear so that we can breathe easily and get rid of this cold. For fast relief, you can add Vicks Vaporub. I will explain you the ways that I followed in cold relaxation and it is so effective that if once you will try, you will feel the difference.
- Take a container, add 4 to 5 glass of water and boil it.
- Boiling should be for 10-15 minutes.
- Now add Vicks Vaporub in boiled water.
- Now cover yourself with towel, blanket or anything.
- Take a long and deep breath of this Vicks Vaporub steam.
- Breathe until steam is there and after that sleep for half an hour.
Don’t come out after taking steam. Cover yourself properly. Best time of taking Vicks Vaporub steam is while you are going to sleep at night. Inhaling steam will help you to get rid of throat problem, runny nose and in nasal congestion.
3. Drink Hot Soups To Get Rid Of Cold:
Soups are the best tasty and yummy food which we will love to have in cold. During cold and cough, our tongue becomes tasteless and throat starts paining. We don’t like any food or we became choosy while selecting the food. It’s like everything becomes irritating.
In that case, we prefer hot beverages that keep our throat clean and relief in cold. Soup are the best food which we should consume during cold to get rid of cold sensation. There are variety of soups like Chicken soups, Tomato soups, Garlic soups and much more.
# Chicken soup:
Chicken soups have anti-inflammatory properties that help to boost immune system along with treating cold. It’s yummy taste and flavor open sinus and throat easily and quickly.
# Tomato soup:
Great source of vitamin C which help to get rid of cold fast. It’s yummy taste and flavor will take you in another world.
4. Turmeric Milk to Get Rid Of Cold:
One of the wonderful spice that has many health benefits. In India, people used to add a small amount of turmeric in their food to make it tasty and healthy. Turmeric fights against many inflammatory diseases, that’s why it is helpful to cure a cold also. There are so many ways to use turmeric for cold but with milk is one of the best ways to get rid of cold.
How to prepare warm turmeric milk:
- Take one glass of milk and warm it.
- Add ¼ tsp of turmeric in a glass and mix it.
- Mix sugar or honey accordingly.
- Drink it while going to sleep.
One of the old natural remedy for cold.
5. Drink Whiskey To Get Rid Of Cold:
Drink whiskey if you are suffering from a bad cold. It is a wonderful and fantastic remedy to get rid of all kind of cold and cough. (But of course not too much)
“Alcohol enlarge blood vessels a little bit, and that makes it easier for your mucus membranes to deal with the infection,” Dr. William Schaffner, chair of preventive medicine at Vanderbilt University Medical Center, told ABC News.
There are so many ways in which we can use whiskey to get rid of a cold quickly:
- Take one-third cup of whiskey and add one cup of honey in it.
- Consume one tablespoon of the mixture after every two hours to get rid of a cold quickly.
You can also make a homemade cough syrup by mixing whiskey, honey and lime juice in equal quantities. Consume one teaspoonful at a time.
You can drink plenty of water and take hot water shower while suffering from cold. It will give you some relaxation. Hope these remedies will help you out from Common Cold.
If these tips and remedies help you, please share and support. Thanks and take care! 😉